Are you a programmer who wants to understand how to customize applications programmatically on the Salesforce platform? In this course, you will learn the core of the Apex programming language and Visualforce markup in order to customize your Salesforce applications. You will get hands-on experience building data objects (sObjects) and programmatically retrieving, manipulating, and storing the data associated with those objects. You will write custom logic using Apex triggers and classes, and test that logic using the built-in testing framework. You will explore how Apex code interacts with declarative customizations on the platform, and the nuances of working on a multi-tenant platform. You’ll then examine common techniques for designing solutions in Apex. These activities will culminate in an exercise building a complex trigger that takes advantage of the declarative aspects of the platform. You will get hands-on experience writing Visualforce pages to customize your user interface.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for programmatic developers who are new to the Salesforce platform, who need to be able to write programmatic customizations to both the business logic and user interface layers using Apex and Visualforce.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Create and modify objects using the declarative interface
- Write business logic customizations using Apex triggers and classes. Those customizations will use SOQL and DML.
- Design programmatic solutions that take advantage of declarative customizations
- Describe how your trigger code works within the basics of the Save Order of Execution
- Describe some of the fundamental aspects of designing programs on a multi-tenant platform
- Write Visualforce markup and code to customize the user interface
- Use the built-in testing framework to test Apex and Visualforces
Salesforce DEX450 Data Sheet [PDF 118KB]