« Jobs fill your pocket, adventures fill your soul » – Jaime Lyn Beatty
For anyone who works in sales and recruitment, or who is thinking about entering into these sectors, you may have heard of employee global relocation, expatriate programs, international opportunities, global mobility and so on.
At K2, we call it the Foreign Exchange Program (or just FXP), which is available to all associates. It exists to support your professional and personal development, providing the opportunity for you to leverage K2’s global structure to increase your experience and broaden your career horizons.
Having the opportunity to live and work in a new country and culture is a great benefit. All you need to be eligible for the FXP is an adventurous spirit, curiosity, and an eagerness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone. Once accepted, a professional development and business plan will be tailored for you throughout your international assignment.
Taking part in the FXP is not a decision to be taken lightly and not to be planned overnight (visa processes alone can take up to six months). Being flexible, adaptable and focused will be key elements for a successful international transfer.
And how would this work?
There are two ways to get involved:
- You can permanently transfer to another office and enjoy a whole new life/work experience. We have opportunities in all of our offices. You will have to show how your experience can contribute to grow the region where your new office is based and we will evaluate your career development prospects and business relevance of your transfer.
- If a permanent relocation seems too much of a commitment, you can benefit from working for one week in a different K2 office with which you have done business. The rules will vary by region to determine the qualifying requirements.
Want to discover some K2 team members who go involved with our FXP program? Find out more about their experiences here:
- From San Francisco to Mexico, by Rafael Espinoza
- From Mexico to London, by Marissa Rico
- From London to Boston, by Elisabeth Kinderland
You can watch the video explaining more about the K2 FXP here. If you would like to get involved with the program or would like to kickstart your career at K2, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about the complete eligibility criteria.