We regularly recognize a K2 consultant who has received outstanding client feedback on their recent project.
This month the K2 Consultant of the Month is Karla Georgina Acatitla Acevedo, a Salesforce Analyst. Read her interview below:
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a Marketing graduate and have been a CRM Analyst Consultant for the last 2 years. I started working as a BI in a pharmacy that used Veeva CRM. I then worked as a CRM Analyst in a grocery company that used Salesforce. My role was to solve any problems with the system and maintain its functionality.
2. Tell us a little about your most recent K2 project.
My most recent project was with a multinational food and beverage corporation, supporting the Sales Department. They were unfamiliar with the full functionalities and use of the program, so I trained the team to use it correctly and registered their orders and time of entry.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
You always learn something new and you always find out more about companies’ internal and external processes. Another part of my job that I really enjoy is working as part of a team to create a fantastic environment where colleagues can learn from each other.
4. Which technical development do you think will have the biggest impact on your field or the wider world of IT over the next couple of years?
The use of Salesforce CRM has been a turning point for all companies because this software adapts to the needs of each organization. Using Salesforce means companies will always have up-to-date information, reports, sales monitoring and an easy-to-use program for all employees.
5. What advice would you give to someone who is starting out as a freelance IT consultant?
- Keep your Salesforce skills up to date
- Practice what you have learned and write down details that can help in the future
- Understand the client’s needs
- Keep in mind that each project is different