Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
K2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity, prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind.
K2 aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at K2 are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. K2 does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. K2 encourages applicants of all ages.
At K2, recruitment and evaluation procedures meet the following criteria:
- Job descriptions are set so that all applicants are assessed against the exact same criteria and nothing else.
- Posts are advertised in a variety of locations, such as job centres, online and in the press so that it is available to as wide an audience as possible.
- Interview panels are put in place so that more than one person’s opinions are weighed in when deciding on whom to award the position to.
- Applicants are not asked about their age, race, religion or any other protected characteristic.
- Female applicants are treated the same as male applicants. Disabled applicants are treated the same as applicants with no disabilities. Pregnant applicants are treated the same as non-pregnant women.
- Job advertisements include a general declaration to the effect that K2 aims to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Records are maintained as a means of monitoring the K2’s policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality.
- The operation of the policy is regularly reviewed.
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures are reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- All employees are made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy and provided with suitable training.
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) are reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.
K2 promotes and monitors :
- Fair practices and behaviour in the workplace
- Fair allocations of workloads
- Equal access to benefits and conditions
- A workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment or bullying
- Competitive merit-based selection processes for recruitment and promotion
- Fair processes to deal with work-related complaints and grievances